Living in one of the most expensive cities in the country has trained me to be as thrifty as possible! I love having friends over and am constantly looking for ways to make my place as cozy as possible. I came across this on Pinterest and decided to give it a try. Here is my experience with making my own febreeze!
-mixing bowl & spoon
-1 part fabric softener
-2 parts warm water
-1 tbs of baking soda
1. Start with warm water. I boiled my water until it was just about to boil. I let it sit for about 2-3 mins before adding it to the bowl.
2. Add fabric softner. I mixed as I poured the softner in with the warm water.
3. Mix in baking soda. Here I added WAY too much baking soda! Learn from my mistake and add less!
4. It will start fizzing! Don’t worry! Mix concoction until the fizzing stops.
5. Once liquid cools down, add to a spray bottle of your choice. An important thing to remember is to choose a spray with a fine mist. This ensures your furniture and clothes won’t get soaked.
I tested my homemade febreeze on my couch and I love it! If you’re sensitive to strong smells, add another 1/2 cup of warm water. It was the perfect balance once the product was finished.
And there you have it! Homemade febreeze at a fraction of the cost!