Since moving out on my own, I’ve trying to learn how to cook. It’s not always successful but sometimes, things just fall together. That’s what happened today:
I was inspired by a recipe from Can You Stay for Dinner. However, I was discouraged by all the ingredients the recipe called for. I had the majority of the ingredients so I just decided to wing it.
Ingredients: 1/2 lbs ground turkey, 1/2 can of garlic basil diced tomatoes, 1 tomato, 1 package of wonton wrappers (40 ct), and 1 package of shredded mozzarella cheese
Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, trader joe’s everyday seasoning
1. In a large skillet, add ground turkey, trader joe’s everyday seasoning, pepper, salt & garlic powder over medium heat.
2. Once the ground turkey is cooked, add 1 diced tomato and 1/2 a can of diced tomatoes (I used the garlic basil kind). Then add garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and some more of that trader joe’s everyday seasoning. NOMS.
3. Let meat simmer. Once the ground turkey is done cooking, set aside. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a muffin pan, spray a coat of olive oil. Line each cup with 2 wonton wrappings. I took two wrappers at a time and rotated the top wrapper so that the corners don’t overlap. Before adding the meat, add a layer of mozzarella cheese (not pictured).
5. Spoon 1 tb into each wrapper. Then top each cup with another wonton wrapper, meat, and shredded mozzarella.
6. Place muffin tray in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Enjoy! Next time I make this, I would try it with ricotta cheese, marinate the meat a little better, and buy the 100 count of wonton wrappers! have any tips? Add them to the comment section below!